This complete term-long unit of work includes:
* Introductory explanation of tragedy from ancient Greece to Shakespeare
* Writing activities for every scene, differentiated into 'Core understanding', 'Extension', and 'Creative thinking' tasks
* Overarching themes and questions, such as Fate and 'weirdness'; the reversal of natural order; equality and manipulation in marriage; presentation of women; the play's meditation on masculinity; uses of the foil characters; loyalty; and evil.
* Class activities at the end, including debate, research, and reflection activities
* Sample essay questions suitable for Year 8-10
Teachers may also purchase the teaching program for this unit which programs the activities in the unit across a 10-week term and includes the outline of a suggested assessment task.