A complete, engagingly-written, and easy to use introduction to the elements of narrative designed for early high-schoolers. It includes:
- A brief introduction to the short story form
- Ten complete short stories, each devoted to a key element of narrative (character, setting, conflict, plot, point of view, voice, theme, and genre)
- Ten single-page discussions of the narrative element
- Analytical and creative tasks for each story which help students think and read critically and write at increasing length
- A two-part assessment task which teachers can use or emulate. Students answer analytical and creative questions about a very short story
- A glossary of subject terminology which students should complete as they progress
Book is 94 pages, A4 format.
PLEASE NOTE THIS IS A HARD COPY WORKBOOK. PRICE INCLUDES POSTAGE WITHIN AUSTRALIA FOR ONE COPY. IF YOU WISH TO BUY MORE THAN ONE COPY, PLEASE CONTACT US FOR POSTAGE COSTS.
This is the first unit in the Diving Bell Education English Syllabus.