Gothic literature still informs many popular works of fiction, television and cinema, and the genre is still a regular part of many students' high school literature experience.
This 135-page all-inclusive unit comprises:
- An introduction to the values of the Gothic genre
- Ten modules based around a classic Gothic short story or poem, which highlight one of the ten values or conventions. Each module has an introductory discussion; complete text of the story/poem; questions based on Bloom's taxonomy
- An assessment task suitable for students aged 15-16 who have well-developed reading ability
- A sample answer for the task
- A reading list of other short stories both modern and classic from which teachers can choose partner pieces for the module stories
Unit of Work: Classic Gothic