Voltaire's brilliant philosophical satire has never been more relevant than now. Candide's response to the belief that "all's for the best in the best of all possible worlds" is a timely challenge for a climate in turmoil and the need for intelligent resilience.
This 59-page unit contains
- An introductory task on the Enlightenment and its ideas and values
- An biographical task on Voltaire's life
- Reading questions and activities on each chapter of Candide, supported by images
- A bibliography of short stories which can be used as support texts and for extension reading
- A number of essay questions suitable for senior students